Reports of Interest
To learn more about government agencies, forensic organizations, and other topics on forensic science and technology, explore the following links.
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS)
- American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors (ASCLD)
- Association of Firearm and Toolmark Examiners (AFTE)
- International Association for Identification (IAI)
- National Association of Medical Examiners (NAME)
- Organization of Scientific Area Committees (OSAC) for Forensic Science
- The Innocence Project
Blogs and Books
Forensics Forum: CSAFE researcher Brandon L. Garrett, University of Virginia School of Law, covers recent events in the forensic science field in the Forensics Forum blog.
Open Forensic Science in R: This free resource written by CSAFE team members is designed for anyone looking to do data-driven, open source forensic science analysis. This book takes a closer look at the latest research in forensic science and explains new approaches to solving forensic problems.
Quantifying the Weight of Evidence: NIST’s compilation of influential and seminal papers relevant to the quantification of the weight of evidence.